Re: mc custom menu file

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:59:15 +0100 lc <redbliss alice it>
 wrote:
I'd like to run mc with a custom menu, not the ~/.mc/menu
and valid in every dirs iin which I am.
I tried using MC_DATADIR, and in it a menu file,
but it didn't worked
is it possible to have an alternate "home" dir,
that is something different from ~/.mc ?

Would you like to reread a man page of mc?

[quote]
The user menu is a menu of useful actions that can be customized by the user.
When you access the  user  menu, the file .mc.menu from the current directory
is used if it exists, but only if it is owned by user or root and is not
world-writable. If no such file found, ~/.mc/menu is tried in the same way,
and otherwise mc uses the default system-wide menu /usr/share/mc/mc.menu.
[/quote]

btw:  is there an IRC channel, I tried #mc in
irc.freenode.net with loneliness

No. There is no an IRC channel, but there is a jabber room:
mc-dev conference jabber org
This info is available in the start page at www.midnight-commander.org.

--
Andrew