Re: MC in console

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

To: reynirhs mi is
From: Yury V. Zaytsev <yury shurup com>
Subject: Re: MC in console

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 19:07 +0000, reynirhs mi is wrote:
So wrote Yury V. Zaytsev:

Unfortunately, I have no clue on how to check this out.

If you are on a Linux computer and see Tux the Wonder Penguin on the
console screen while the OS is booting, it's a frame-buffered console. They
use a graphical mode to emulate a text mode.

Are you kidding :-) ? I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and the boot process is
completely hidden behind usplash.

There must be a way to disable the splash screen, and boot in text/psuedo text mode, so you see your services starting?

Try passing 'nomodeset' as a kernel parameter at boot time.

See if you can disable the splash screen thing?

HTH

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net