Re: MC in console

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 13:14 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:43:36 +0200
"Yury V. Zaytsev" <yury shurup com> wrote:

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 12:40 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
MC in the console is displaying garbage characters instead of line
drawing in my Debian Squeeze .
I use UTF8 on this machine-could that be the problem?
I have tried reconfiguring console-setup with ISO and selecting
various font options but that didn't change anything.

Very good, now I have to tell you that I use this & UTF-8 on Karmic /
Lucid / Hardy and have no problems whatsoever.

Are you using mc in a terminal emulator (which one) or raw console?

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev