Re: Define a shortcut key for search

On Thursday 29 January 2009, Mark Ryden wrote:
Hello,

  Currently, F7 is the key for performing search when opening a file
with F4 (MC editor).

Is there a way to define a shortcut key (like ctrl/f) for search
instead of F7 ?

 Hi Mark:
 you can uncheck options->configuration->use internal edIt
 and whatever is the value for $EDITOR will be used. I've
 always used vim, don't know how well other editors work
 with it, but for me vim & MC are joined at the hip :-)
HTH
tj