F5 from CIFS to native broken?

I have OS/2 LANMAN shares mounted via CIFS in a /smbmnt directory tree.

If I do 'cp -a /smbmnt/G/BUFFER/PT* .' all copied files are shown by stat to
have been copied with rational timestamps.

If I select those same files in MC and strike F5, the files are copied, but:

1-Access has good datestamp but bad timestamp (about 43 minutes advanced)
2-Modify has bad datestamp (year 1940 instead of e.g. 2009) but good timestamp
3-Change has good datestamp but bad timestamp (about 43 minutes advanced)

cifs-mount version is 3.2.4
kernel version is 2.6.27
mc version is 4.6.2.pre1
distro is openSUSE 11.1

Same thing happens with the openSUSE 11.0.

Do people using Windows have this problem?
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/