Re: creating a new file in a new sub directory?

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:09:18 +0000 (GMT) Keith Roberts wrote:
After creating a new subdirectory with mc, is there any way to create
a new file in that subdir? I know F4 opens an existing file for
editing, but how do I create a completely new file in that dir?

Shift-F4 creates an new empty file. Then you can save it in any directory.

At the moment I have to copy an empty file to the new subdir,
before I can edit it.

There are several ways in command line to create a new file.
For example:

$ touch new_file
$ echo > another_new_file

--