Re: Problems in the virtual terminal on an Asus eeePC

On Tuesday 13 January 2009, kilgota banach math auburn edu wrote:
I have just obtained a eeePC,
I have an Asus EEE PC 900. Xandros OS..
one of the first things I had to do was to learn how to get into a
terminal window (Cntrl-Alt-t) and I checked whether Midnight Commander is
there. No. So I installed it.
 Mine came with MC installed.

MC works fine in the xterm, as described above. But it does not do so well
in the terminal (you can get back to one terminal from X by doing
Cntrl-Alt-F3).
 Hmm! Can't get a terminal on mine with any Cntrl-Alt-Fn chord.
 I swapped the capslock and control keys, but I don't think that should
 make a difference as I've done the same on my 'big' workstation with
 kubuntu 7.10.

 FYI:
 tim