Re: Setting file permissions at FTP site.

Tim Johnson schrieb:
Greetings:

I've used MC for years. For the last couple of years, I've
been using it as a FTP client. One thing I can't do
is set file permissions at an FTP site. I get the
"Cannot execute commands on non-local filesystems" error.

You cannot change file permissions by executing the "chmod" command.
That would require a fully simulated filesystem environment for chmod.

But you _can_ change the permissions via a dialog, which is accessible
via the menu "File -> chmod" or the hotkey "C-x c".

Roland