Re: Alt-o in xterm

Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Russell Shaw wrote:

kilgota banach math auburn edu wrote:
I am merely curious. I do not use the funny character mappings for anything, myself. But I can imagine that someone might want to use those sometimes and use mc on other occasions. Thus, I find myself wondering whether

  *eightBitInput: false

would turn that off completely, or not.

It seems it does. In vim, before i'd get "i" with diaeresis, now i get ^[o.

In gvim, i still get "i" with diaeresis now. Obviously it would affect
someone that wanted to see unicode chars in a terminal (non-X) editor.

That (having both alt-something and entering unicode) is what metaSendsEscape and altSendsEscape are supposed to help with...

Ok, i now have:

  XTerm*altSendsEscape: true

in ~/.Xresources (on debian)

Also have to xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources when changing things.