Re: Alt-o in xterm

Russell Shaw schrieb:
Hi,
In an xterm, i could press alt-o to get both panels the same.

Now after a few X windows upgrades, alt-o gives an "I" with
two dots above it (0xEF, LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH DIAERESIS)
UTF-8 locale i guess. On the linux console it gives ESC-o (0x1b6f)

The character code of the LATIN SMALL LETTER O is U+006F. There used to
be times when pressing the <Alt> key just added the 0x0080 bit to a
character code, which would result in U+00EF. Apparently, this behavior
is hitting you here.

It's not mc's fault. You should probably look in the documentation of
your X11 terminal emulator or the X11 configuration.

Roland