mc and zsh - "Warning: cannot change directory..."

Hallo,

I noticed strange problems when running mc from within zsh: when trying to
change directory (using <Enter>, or <F3>) very often - no idea, what it's
depending on - there's a message: "Warning: cannot change directory..."
(or something like that), although in fact it changed to new directory. Even
worse: sometimes after printing out the warning both mc's panels are moved
higher, making the screen unusable (the topmost line, of course, goes away).

I noticed, it's somehow related to subshell, because no such problems at
all, when mc has been run with "mc -u".

Surely someone noticed the problem earlier, and perhaps even found the cure?
zsh 4.3.9, mc 4.6.2-pre1, Linux, Glibc 2.8
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski