Re: mc in ubuntu 9.10

On 2009/12/04 13:58 (GMT-0500) MK composed:

I installed ubuntu 9.10 yesturday and noticed that their ready-made mc does not/cannot make use of ~/.mc.
Everytime it loads you get "cannot open ~/.mc/hotlist", etc.  Adding a ~/.mc had no effect -- it didn't
process the ini, etc.

Known bug of bad permissions created by *buntu 9.10, details of which I don't
know but surely are in the bug tracker somewhere. Create ~/.mc directory
manually with appropriate permissions and then mc will work as expected.
--
"   We have no government armed with power capable of
contending with human passions unbridled by morality and

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/