Re: Bold/bright colors don't work as background.

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Andrew Borodin wrote:

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:32:15 -0400 (EDT) "Josh Rickmar" wrote:
I am trying to create my own color scheme for Midnight Commander, but am
having some trouble with the colors.  When setting the background color
for "normal" (normal, dnormal, helpnormal, etc.), it seems to only work
when using the "regular" version of the color, not the bold or bright
variant.

AFAIK, most terminals support "regular" colors only as s background.
Look at http://www.s-lang.org/doc/html/cslang-8.html, section
"Setting Character Attributes"

I am using Midnight Commander 4.6.2 built from FreeBSD ports.  It's
currently built against ncurses, but if that is causing the problem, I can
use a different library instead.

I think, ncurses library behaves as s-lang one.

OK, thanks for the reply.  I was expecting it to work with mc because I
am able to use bold colors as backgrounds in other applications like Alpine, for example. I switched to a s-lang build to see if it would change anything, but it didn't.

Oh well, good to know it's not a Midnight Commander bug at least.