Re: Is mc can connect with ssh through a specific port ?

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, wwp wrote:

To: mc gnome org
From: wwp <subscript free fr>
Subject: Re: Is mc can connect with ssh through a specific port ?

Hello Marco,

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:26:46 +0100 "Marco Ciampa" <ciampix libero it> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 03:43:32PM +0100, Hedy Dargère wrote:
First: do not email HTML on a public list.

   Hi,

   I'm using every day mc as ftp/sftp client.
   I have a new server which ssh listen on the port 2022 in place of the
   standard 22 port

   The shell command I'm using to be connected to the server is :

   $ ssh toto 123 123 123 123 -p 2022

   Do you know if mc can make a connexion on this server ?

   Thanks for your answer,
   Hedy

To get similar functionality I SSH to my main server from my laptop with:

# ssh 10.0.0.1

then start mc on the main machine. This allows me to browse around the directories at will. I can then cut and paste code from my main server to my laptop for testing.

If I need a complete file, I copy it into /home/keith/FTP-OUT, and then fire up gFTP and copy it across to my laptop's ftp-in directory.

HTH

Keith Roberts