The Never-Ending Story: The End?

After a fresh invocation of mc suddenly lost text output from certain programs (ogg123, mpg321), I decided to experiment a bit. I learned this:

When I typed Ctrl-P (pipe marked text) with no text marked in mcedit, not only did I get the expected error complaint, text output from those certain programs got lost when they were invoked via the Open bindings (select .ogg or .mp3 file, then press Enter).

(Well? Was that unpoetic enough?)

Reynir H. Stefánsson (reynirhs mi is)
--
Remember: Endings are followed by beginnings.