Re: mc takes 30 sec to load

Alfons Muhackl schrieb:
Hello everybody,

this surely is a wierd problem. As of today, mc takes 30 seconds to start. It worked OK yesterday.
I am using debian etch. I installed no updates or so.
Version is 4.6.1-6

Now for the funny part: top does not show anything interesting,
dmesg logs no errors, kernlog also nothing.
smartctl says the HD is fine...

Once mc runs, it is running fine.

even if mc is running in another console, it takes 30s to start another instance.

Does anybody have an idea how to track this down??

regards AM