[no subject]

I've spent some very frustrating time with sed to
hack a script which shortens long-">"-headed-text-lines
into [correspondingly more of] shorter-">"-headed-text-lines.

Like:
"> one longer line of 99 chars into two ..
        into
one longer line of
99 chars into two .."

Now I'd like to be able to apply it to marked bloks in
mcedit -- instead of to whole files.

Is this possible/easy?   If so how ?
I think it's related to the existing 'ispell memu
facility', which I'd also like to modify, since
I need to chroot to another partition/installation
to do spell-checking'

== TIA.