more lost -> human multi-tasking

Keith Roberts wrote:
Do you guys wear capes when you're doing all this?
Perhaps not enough
coffee is the real problem...

I think the trick is to keep one VT for a specific purpose, so you
know what's what, and where to find things easily.

Well, we naturally 'put things' in familiar places.
But when [ie. always] you have a flood of new tasks/items,
you don't want to have to operate like a blind person: work
with familiar configuration.
You want to use VISUAL [the great strength eg. of mc] ?

I take it you are working a server somewhere, it sounds a bit like the
millenium falcon to me. Why do you run GUI apps out of a VT?
I need to have a dozen mc available, for various tasks.
KDE lets me 'just add one more' by a click, whereas non-X mode
is limited [normally] to 6 and it needs awkward keying to
change VTs.
I need X for opera & Oberon/s and swapping between X and
non-X takes nearly a second.  And gpm doesn't transfer
between the 2 modes.
I thought I remembered some version/configuration allowed multi
mc on an X-screen, which you could resize and move, so that the
one which got the mouse-focus was alive and you could cutNpaste
between different mcedit-views.   Using screen is lame, partly
because you need Ctr-a/<tab> to toggle between views, instead
of the currently-focused-view being automatically 'live'.

For error
checking?  And how many desktops do you put this on?
b/t/w can you use a virtual viewport with KDE (this is a big part of
why i went back to fvwm2)?
 What's 'virtual viewport' ?
 I liked fvwm2 but as time goes on I've found extra utility from KDE.

 Thanks,

 == Chris Glur.