Re: GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.2-pre1

Hello,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:51:05 +0200
Von: Oswald Buddenhagen
Betreff: Re: GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.2-pre1

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 11:01:27PM -0500, kilgota banach math auburn edu
wrote:
Notice the <------> things in what I just copied?

I can kindof see why this was introduced. Presumably, it is an
indication that the TAB key has been used while the file from which I
copied was being written.

yes

But I am not sure if this is a desirable feature, or not.

it is

I can easily think that, if I want to copy a block of C code from one
file to another using the mouse, I would feel quite frustrated if this
is what actually happens with every line where the tab key got used.

just mark the text within mcedit before marking it with the mouse.

but yes, this needs a fix. ctrl-w was supposed to toggle this
*temporarily*, just like ctrl-s toggles syntax highlighting (not
temporarily, which is a bug, imo). more on this can be found in the
respective patch tracker entry.

I'll fix these... I just need some time. I am trying to extract and describe all those changes that happened
between 4.6.1 and the current cvs version. I am also trying to fix the copyright notices in all files. You
can open an bug report in the tracker if you want...