Re: GNU Midnight Commander maintainer

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Iain Mac Donald wrote:

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:14:45 +0200
"Pavel Tsekov" <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:

I am writing this message to inform you that Pavel Roskin,
the long time maintainer and developer of GNU Midnight Commander,
decided to step down as a maintainer. I hope that you'll join me
to wish Pavel luck in whatever he pursues next.

Absolutely! For me MC is the best file manager available on any
platform. Thanks to the efforts of Pavel, and others, typing the two
letters "mc" in my terminal instantly increases my productivity.

The FSF following a recommendation from Pavel Roskin appointed me
as the new project maintainer. I hope that I'll be able to justify
their trust and live up to the expectations of MC's users.

Pavel Tsekov

Congratulations and good luck to you too.

In the spirit of open source, I use the message of Iain Mac Donald to express the same thoughts. I couldn't have said it better. Keep up the good work.

Theodore Kilgore