Re: Why is mc since 4.6 shiped with a striped doen html.syntax?

Hello!

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 16:44 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Tomas and *,

while I am using mc since 8 years and it was working fine for editing
HTML files, I like to kown, WHY mc since 4.6 is shiped with a striped
down html-syntax.

I use the older attached one.  :-)

Maybe you could put it back into the tarball?

The reason for the removal of the uppercase tags was because the new
XHTML standard required lowercase tags.  Since mc still had no support
for case-insensitive match, I decided that mc should do the highlighting
based on the syntax alone without checking the spelling of the tags.

Restoring uppercase HTML tags today would be ridiculous.  Maybe using
lowercase tags would the better, but I would prefer a fix that would
allow case-insensitive match in the syntax rules.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin