Fellow n00b note

Yo! If you're gonna be as stupid as me and run with multiple versions of 'mc' on the same box, keep track of which one is the really installed one (in my case, a minimally-patched 4.6.1). That way, you'll only be burning-cheek embarrassed in front of yourself when you discover that the bug you almost reported was caused by the 'mc' you were running requiring support scripts slightly different from the ones the installed 'mc' requires.

(You needed that laugh, didn't ya, Pavel?)

OK, so mebbe ya can avoid that kinda mess with suitable use of '--prefix=' during configuring...

(Oh, kwityer guffawing... I already feel like a bloody baka stupid baka idiot!)

Reynir H. Stefánsson (reynirhs mi is)
--
"It's not polite to eat with food in your mouth!"

               (Nabiki, in "Ranma Compo" by Chriina)