Later version's facilities ?

Because 'the software gets slower, faster than the hardware
gets faster', I've gone 'back' to an older linux installation
which uses mc ver. 4.5.55. The newer/slower linux has ver. 4.6.0,
which has the nice facility of 'copying the selected fileID to
the command line, by <Ctrl-enter>'.

I now see that this facility works in VT-mode but not with X/KDE.
Do I need some setup in mc, or must I investigate KDE ?

Also, do some users have success with 'undelete' ?
 And for which fs-types: ext2, ext3, reiser ?

Thanks for any feedback,
== Chris Glur.