Re: Meta-o does what again?

>> Is that new? I thought it always worked like that. My help screen says:
   Alt-o   If the currently selected file is a directory,
           load that directory on the other panel and moves
           the selection to the next file.

Yes, this has always been the intended behavior.

At some point someone thought this was a bug and changed it to the
behavior that Anton noticed.

The idea behind Alt-o is that you can quickly browse a directory (and
the contents of its children) without loosing your state (selected
files).

This is useful when cleaning a directory for example.   You have tons of
junk, but you are not quite sure what is in each place, so you Alt-o on
each one.

I have been meditating on this for a while, and I think I know what bugs me about the change. It's that the 'new' behaviour is to *always* browse a different directory, even when I don't want it to.

How about amending the works so that it does this browse thang only when the selector bar rests on a directory? Surely I'm not the only one wanting to work with two files in the same directory and finding tabbing quicker than paging and scrolling back and forth?

Reynir H. Stefánsson (reynirhs mi is)
--
"All hands! All hands! Heave ho! Heave ho! Heave ho! Lash up and stow,
lash up and stow! Wakey, wakey; rise and shine, the morning's fine;