Re: Terminal answers

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Anton Monroe wrote:

Hmm.  Something I've noticed in Ncurses-based apps is that blank areas
don't erase text.  For example, in Pinfo, when I page down, some of the
previous screen still shows in the blank areas.  It's probably a common
problem with a simple explanation.  Some capability that needs to be
set or unset in my terminfo entry?

Yes - that sounds as if you are using a terminal description with "bce" set, on a terminal which does not clear the background on an erase.

That reminds me that rxvt has a bug - one of the cases for erasure does not work - which I work around in ncurses by leaving out the "bce".

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net