Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: mcedit and file locking

>> Where is the dead symlink located?

> In the same directory as the file being edited.

>> If one user opens a file with mcedit for editing and another user
>> does the same with mcedit should he get a message about this fact?

> Yes.

>> The mc version is 4.5.51 wiht RedHat 7.2

> That version doesn't support locking. Locking support was
> added starting with MC 4.6.0.

I've updated MC to 4.6.0 on the RedHat 7.2 system, but there is still no dead symlink and
no message editing a file already opened by somebody else.
I've tried the same with MC 4.6.1 on a gentoo system, but also no symlink and no message.

Is there a special option to activate locking support, or is there something else to do?