Re: mc starts after 60 second delay

I've been using bash all along.  but what is weird is that it was
working fine at first and then the problem happened.

So it is either a change to the system or some library or something
that I've since installed.  Of course since I didn't run mc after each
new thing I installed it is  impossible to know when it started.

Is yours exactly 60 seconds each time, too?