Running (user menu) commands over shell link (fish)

Hi there.

I tried to run commands over a shell link in mc 4.6.0 and got blasted
with a red message box declaring "Cannot execute commands on non-local
filesystems". Getting those commands through would considerably ease
my life, is there a switch somewhere in the configurations?

How about adding a command to the F button menus, I couldn't find a
simple obvious solution to that, is there one?

Thanks,
Pekka