Re: Terminal answers

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Wiseman wrote:

I also noticed terminals (at least the ones I tried) use ^[ as Esc,
and ^[xxx for all other non-printable keys. This has the very
undesirable effect of making Esc a dead key (for which mc has a fix,
but a delay of 1 second is far too much; I'd rather have 0 seconds).
This also has the effect that Alt+<letter> is the same as Esc
<letter>. Are there any terminals that will handle Esc differently, so
that it becomes a real key you can just use normally?

not really (there were long ago some terminals that used other control
sequences without ESC, but there aren't many).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net