Re: mcedit - search/replace

Hello!

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 16:23 +0000, Barney Rubble wrote:
Is there a way to search for/replace with special characters?

I'm trying to replace all instances of <TAB> in a file with <CR>.

From the mc manual:

C-q    the  quote  command  can be used to insert characters that are otherwise
       interpreted by the Midnight Commander (like the '+' symbol)

C-q means Ctrl-Q.

I've had a good google about and not been able to find an answer.

Sometimes it's better to check the included documentation first.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin