mc on solaris - problems when booting into terminal (without running X windows)

Hello,

I had installed midnight commander on solaris express 50 (x86_64).
I had built it from sources. I am using mc 4.6.1 version.

When running mc from the X Windows environment, everything is ok.
But when booting into terminal (without starting the X environment),
there are problems with key bindings; for example, I start mc; then
I press "PgDown" on a panel to scroll down through the list of files.
I see "ZZZ2" at the bottom, and nothing happens (no scrolling
down). When I press "PgUp" , I see "216Z" at the bottom and again no
scrolling up occurs.  There are also problems with other keys when opening
a file with mcedit.

Any ideas? Any workarounds ?

Regards,
Ian