Re: Inconsistent behaviour of Options
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
- To: wwp <subscript free fr>
- Cc: mc gnome org, MC dev <mc-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Inconsistent behaviour of Options
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:59:04 +0200
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, wwp wrote:
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:59:25 +0200 Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Pavel Roskin wrote:
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 23:14 +0100, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 13:48 +0100, Jindrich Novy wrote:
1. "Ok" sets the parameters only for the current session and won't
touch the ini file.
"Ok" is equivalent to "save" if "auto save setup" is set.
... and if you exit from mc rather than e.g. close the xterm window.
And if you don't have another mc running that would overwrite those
settings if you exit from it properly.
I think that "auto save setup" is something that cannot be implemented
reliably in mc unless you make "Ok" work exactly like "Save" and save
I think this is a reasonable approch. If we go that way we can safely
remove "Save setup" and auto_save_setup.
That means that you would not be able to modify some options w/o saving them
(and thus, affect all further instances)?
Hmm... This is a strong indication that those options do not belong to the
Options menu, IMO.
] [Thread Prev