Re: Changing the background color of the editor

Thanks Pavel ,

I had closed mc and tried adding:
editnormal=red
editbold=red
editmarked=red
to the [Colors] section in mc.ini

then I started mc; when editing a file with F4 (mcedit), the
background is still blue.

Any idea?
Regards,
IB

On 5/30/06, Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:
On Mon, 29 May 2006, Ian Brown wrote:

> However, I also want to change the color of the (default) mceditor I am using
> when pressing "F4" (or when running from the bash shell "mcedit filename".
> Currently when I use mc (also after I added the [Colors] section
> as mentioned above) , the background color in this editor is blue;
> I want it to be
> white.
>
> Any idea how can this be done?

From the MC man page:

[...]
Editor colors are: editnormal, editbold, editmarked.
[...]

Hope that helps.