Re: Shell Link - Window dissapears...

Hello Chris,

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Chris.G wrote:

Newbie having a problem with Shell link to old remote server to do a
migration to new linux server.

When I go to access shell link, sometimes the popup appears so I cant
enter the IP address of host I wish to connect to..

Do you mean that the popup doesn't appear or what ?

Second problem, is when I am logged in, on right window, and I play
around on left window, I lose my right shell window that displays my
remote server files.    How do I get this back or keep it there?

Maybe your left panes is configured to use the "Long file list"
view. If you want to see the contents on both panels simultaniously
you can do the following:

1) Press F9 to go to the menu

2) Expand the "Left" menu and select "Listing mode"

3) Select the "Full file list" mode

Is there a way to secure that connection has been closed also when
this window dissapears for safety?

The connection is closed automatically when it expires - the
default timeout is 900 sec and can be configured by changing the
the value of "fish_directory_timeout" option in your ~/.mc/ini
file.

On my new linux box, I dont get lines as borders  but I get characters..

How do you log in into that linux box ? Remote login or local
login ? What is the value of the environment variable "TERM" ?