Re: MC can't find graphical characters

   Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:45:11 +0200
   From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
   Cc: mc gnome org

   You need to tell us more about the environment from which you are trying
   to start MC i.e. desktop environment if any, terminal emulator, operating
   system.

The host running MC is Linux Debian.  I connect to this host from a
Windows2000 workstation via PuTTY.  PuTTY handles the terminal
emulation and sets TERM to xterm; up until this problem with MC I have
not had any problem with it.  Are there any other relevant environment
variables that may bear on the MC display?  Thanks!

kj