Re: MC can't find graphical characters

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 13:05, kynn panix com wrote:
Hello!  I just installed MC off my $HOME directory.  I've gotten it

It sounds like you're trying to run this from your Panix shell account,
is that correct? If so, what is the client you're using to get there?
Some Windows-based ssh and telnet clients are lousy.

Is there some configuration I can tweak to obtain the correct
display? Alternatively, is there some simple test I can perform to
ensure that my terminal can even *display* the correct characters?

That's what I'm thinking, that your terminal lacks this ability. I
don't know, unfortunately. Some terminals are better than others. :)

FWIW, TERM is set to xterm.

And this too depends on what's in the system termcap database. You may
also wish to discuss this with Panix support.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header