Re: Re: Syntax highlighting question

Hello Frank´

thanks fast reply. Correct me if I am wrong.
The `\s' character is a escape for a
white space ` ' in the syntax file.

My labels begin all at the start of a line. Other
coders might define labels in another way, it's
matter of taste. For example:

|     :
|     :
|    ret
|
|foo_bar:
|    mov     ecx,3
|foo_bar_loop:
|    lodsd
|     :
|     :

Since the line might start by any character
and any character can't be used to define
a start pattern, it seems there's no
possibility to catchup such a label.

A workaround were, to begin each label by a
special character, like `_'. Or a white space
like your suggestion.

        keyword _*: brown

|     :
|     :
|    ret

|_foo_bar:
|    mov     ecx,3
|_foo_bar_loop:
|    lodsd
|     :
|     :

would work then. The drawback were: I had to indent
or insert the underline in all labels in tons of
assembler files. :(

sed is good for the job, i know, but i like to
have the labels that way :) All in all it's not a
problem here, it was only a question.

Thank you

Jules