Re: Crash in mc snapshot

Am 2005-04-22 02:17:55, schrieb zhilla:

distro: slackware 10.1
what happends is this...
when viewing .so files, it parses them and displays simbols... but, if i
open libflashplayer.so (standard flash plugin for firefox), and then hit
[F8] Raw, i get a warning "nm: libflashplayer.so: no symbols", and when
i proceed, i get a segmentation fault and mc crashes, and console colour
is corrupted.
so, its not a major bug/functionality limiting, but it's a nasty CRASH.
feel free to fix :)
oh yeah, and CC me pls, i am not subscribed.

How do you view it ?

With <F3> ?

I run under Debian and <F3> it show me:

libflashplayer.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), stripped

and if I hit <F3> a second time to close the VIEW I get a message box

            Warnung

nm: libflashplayer.so; no symbols

It seems, this BUG occurs not on Debian.

  __( command 'LC_ALL=C mc -V' )________________________________________
 /
| GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.1-pre3
| Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish, smbfs
| With builtin Editor
| Using included S-Lang library with terminfo database
| With subshell support as default
| With support for background operations
| With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
| With support for X11 events
| With internationalization support
| With multiple codepages support

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi