Re: no shell output

Hello Frank,

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 20:46, Frank Dietrich wrote:
When I use mc as normal user on a console session I can't see the
command output with C-o. When I start e.g. 'ls -l' then press C-o the
screen is blank.

cons.saver used to be suid root on Debian I believe. This has changed.
cons.saver should now be suid vcsa. This user needs access to all vcsa
devices (chown vcsa /dev/vcsa*). If the user doesn't exist you need to
create it.

The second thing, as user I miss the layout option to define the
output lines. This option is only visible when I start mc under root
account.

For me the option "output lines" is available on a console, but not in
an xterm or gnome-terminal. It doesn't matter whether I'm logged in as
root or not. Not sure why this is.

Leonard.