Re: Irregular character search and replace?

I think a better solution would be to use

dos2unix program for that purpose and it will automatically strip those
symbols

and there is also unix2dos program from converting unix files to windows
format

Vano, that's what I do now. However, it is very inconvenient as compared to seeing them and just getting rid
of them in the editor, which is what you'd do with any other character. I was really looking for a general
solution to dealing with control characters in the editor. I actually use MCEDIT to the exclusion of almost
any other editing solution under Linux, as I'm very used to it and so very fast in it.

--Ben