Re: problem with mc4.6.0 compilation

Thanks a lot!
I have solved this problem through copy /usr/include from another machine to my machine.

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

From: alh <alh melexis kiev ua>
Subject: problem with mc4.6.0 compilation
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:45:53 +0300

Hi,

<WARNING! I AM A LINUX USER!>

There is a clash between defintions of some (internally used?) data
types in your system header files. This has nothing to do with mc
directly -- mc only triggers that problem.

Try compile the following C-code (call it "clashtest.c" for example)

include <sys/statvfs.h>

int main( char *argv[], int argc )
{
                /* really useless code!
                */
                int a;
                if( a == 10 )
                {
                                a=5;
                }
}

Compile it with
                 make clashtest

It should also trigger the problem by including statvfs.h.

Possible reason for that problem:

While installing new kernel sources/new system headers a symbolic link
becomes lost and there was made a directory with the contents the
symlink was previouly pointing to. Now you have a mix of old and new
system headers on your system.

But: As the warning above states previously: THIS ALL IS ONLY ARGUED!
     Similiar things may happen on Linux systems too.

To solve the problem:
Try to figure out, what recent installation instructions say about
location and contentes of directories containg system header files.
Try to synchronize your system with the documentation. Dont delete
directories with system relevant files. Rename them instead.

Good luck!

Have a nice weekend,
Meino

</WARNING! I AM A LINUX USER!>

Hi ALL!

I can't install mc4.6.0 on my system freebsd 4.10
Could anybody help me ?

here is the file contains output during installation process
and  the Makefile.