Re: Problems tranfering files over shell link (ssh).

On Mon, 05 May 2003, Pavel Machek wrote:

Perhaps bug in debian schould be filled?

We should do bs=1; data going to shell
by mistake seems extremely dangerous to me.

Actually, dd is a bad choice for the remote command because it ignores
incomplete reads, but there is no other widespread utility that would read
a certain amount of data and then stop.  I hope I'm missing something, but
I asked in the mc-devel mailing list and nobody could come with anything
better than dd.

head -c ?

Being a mc user without coding experience, any hope I will be able to
use MC for recursive ssh transfers in the future?

--
                              Pavel
Written on sharp zaurus, because my Velo1 broke. If you have Velo you don't need...

--
//Christian

    -- What if it all means something? --