Re: canot read /dev/* files

Hello!

I just upgrade from mc-4.5.55 to mc-4.6.0 and found a
"feature" that I don't like: I canot read anymore the
dev files i.e. /dev/hda. The message that comes back to
me is: "Not a regular file. Cannot view" or something like
that. Could somebody tell me what is the story... I've tried
to find something about this in the mailing list but I dont.

The story is that hex view (F4 in the viewer) would hang mc on block
devices, so it was decided to disable support for all non-regular files.

If you want to view and edit data on block devices, please find an
appropriate tool for that job.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin