Re: Reconfiguring key bindings

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:52:44AM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
Hello!

I've looked in the manual, and in the FAQ, but I can't find how to
change the key bindings of mc (version 4.6.0). What I want is to be
able to use tab completion in the command line with tab, as my fingers
do that automatically.

Sorry, the only way to do it is to redefine Tab as M-Tab in "Learn Keys",
but then Tab will stop working in dialogs.

There's no Tab in Learn Keys, only M-Tab, and I'm not allowed to
redefine it as Tab.  ("Cannot accept this key.  You have entered '^i'.")
So I guess I'll have to learn the keys used in mc or change the source.

I'm adding this to the mc FAQ:

2.8 How do I change the key bindings?

   There is no generic way to reconfigure the key bindings.  You can use
   the "Learn Keys" dialog to assign keys to some actions listed in that
   dialog.  However, most actions cannot be redefined to use different
   keys.

What would be nice is if it would be possible to change any key in this
dialog.

--
                                                Niklas