Re: FreeBSD installation

Hello!

I have a FreeBSD 4.7 Operating system.
When I first installed mc, with sysinstall the following warning message
appeared on the screen:
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libslang.so: Undefined symbol "log"

Get mc-4.6.0-pre2 and give it a try.  If you are still getting the same
error, give the following option to configure: --with-screen=mcslang

I downloaded then copied the file and I sent the make install command.
At the end again an error message appeared:
gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target '../slang/libmcslang.a', needed
by 'mc'.

I don't remember this error, but let's work with a more recent version,
since a lot has changed after 4.5.55.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin