Re: Mc digest, Vol 1 #334 - 2 msgs

Sorry for a month delay. I was in business trip and I lost your mail among others.

Richard Hill wrote:
Hi Andrew,

On January 31, 2003 05:37 am, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:

Hello, Rich!

Well, can you set ftpfs_use_unix_list_options=0 in your ~/.mc/ini file
and browse this site again. If it doesn't help, sent me ftplog file
again, please.

Wow, that did the trick!
Curious, why is there a difference (or such a setting)?

If this option is on, then mc will use "LIST -la" command to get listing and just "LIST" otherwise. FTP servers are very tricky things...

At first I thought it didn't have an affect, but I was using MC to edit its own ini file .. I guess you can't do that :<

I set auto_save_setup to 0 (Options/Configuration/Auto save setup), so I can do it ;-)

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov