RE: Saving ~/.mc/ini

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Charles Howse wrote:

This seems to be a little problematic, however. After re-install
completes, I open MC, change (any) setting, and select
"Save Setup" to
create the ~/.mc/ini file. Then I copy the saved copy over
the new file.
This isn't working at all for me, my customized settings
are not being
restored, I must re-customize every time.

You must have "Auto Save Setup" enabled under
Options->Configuration, and
it's not very intelligent, i.e. it doesn't check the timestamp.

Hello Pavel, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I'm not understanding your answer clearly.
Are you saying that *before* I copy the saved file that I must enable
"Auto Save Setup"?
Or are you saving that I should copy the saved file *first* and *then*
enable "Auto Save Setup"?

For my purposes, not checking the timestamp would be a good thing, but
if necessary the time stamp of the saved file can be changed with the
"touch" command, correct?