Re: starting mc clears screen

Pavel Roskin wrote:

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Nehal wrote:

i tried using the latest devel version of rxvt, 2.7.10 with mc 4.60 ,

if i type something in bash, for example 'ls' , and then i start 'mc',
all the stuff is cleared, so when i type ctrl-o i can't see the output
of 'ls'

this worked fine with stable version of rxvt, and also older version of
mc, so who's at fault? mc or rxvt, i have emailed rxvt author but have
not received a reply..

You didn't test all combinations (i.e. old rxvt + new mc and vice versa).
I think it's rxvt because I don't see this behavior in xterm 165 and
aterm 0.4.2.

old rxvt + new mc worked fine... i guess it is rxvt problem,
hmm, unfortunately i can't get a hold of the rxvt author :(

Nehal