internal viewer/editor & virtual fs system questions

Hello !

Is ist possible to add the internal editor syntax highlighting feature to the
internal viewer ? So when I press F3 on a file, I get highlighted syntax.

I checked the mc documentation, but couldn't find anything on the internal
syntaxing feature. Is there a document on the net ? I want to write a syntax
file for log files.

The vfs question is about archiving, I guess that when I enter into an achive,
mc dearchives the file in a temporary place and only then allows me to see
the contents of the archive and to eventually copy the files from the tepm
location, but wouldn't it be better if mc just got the file list from the
archive and made a browsable tree of the archive, and only if i want to
extract something, it would extract the achive ? It would save time, because
the extraction on bigger files causes great delays. Or are the delays caused
by something else ?

Thanks,
Rudolfs