Re: [MC]: better FAQ.

Pavel Roskin wrote:
Do you like to have also a new icon? Will it show somehow? I remember
cool white navy admiral's hat for NC icon... ;-)

It's in the distribution in the "pc" directory and it's called
"mc_nt.ico".  It's used for the Windows build only.

I am using attached icon and I like it.

Note brightcyan on blue.

Just an xterm settings.

  Note selection on the right panel.  It must be
an icon for something else. Also there is something strange on the border, including a transparent area on the left.

I agree, it is Norton Commander clone.

The icon that is was created specifically for mc is included with
Cooledit.  I'm attaching it.

As for me our icon cannot be bigger than 48x48.

 You can also make icons by running mc in xterm with font "nil2".

I'm still not sure if we need any graphics on the homepage. I hope that the designer is aware that mc is a text mode program.

We need icons not for homepage. They are useful for Gnome, Window Maker and so on.

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov